1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Lego League / Lego Mindstorms NXT

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by tidyboyandy, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Hi,

I have just begun work at a new school and been instructed that I am required to teach about the Lego League / Lego Mindstorms NXT robotics project. I have done some research online and have a basic grasp of what it is required.

Is there anywhere I can look for resources or exemplar materials? Or anywhere that will offer me an idiots guide, as all I have currently is a 900 page textbook!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I should also mention I am the only ICT/Computing teacher within the school, so no HoD to ask.

2. Astya

Astya New commenter

I assume you're secondary? We use EV3s in my school (primary) - best thing you can do is get one and have a play with it! If you're using the visual blocks to program the basics are pretty accessible. The basic build that comes with the kit is a good starting point for something to just drive around and test out.

I have a book called "The Art of Lego Mindstorms EV3 Programming" which is good (but there are loads out there) and there are tonnes of videos on YouTube of different projects. Will you be taking part in the Lego League?