1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Legal Requirements for Maths Tuition

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by Andy25, Jan 5, 2011.

1. I want to tutor A-Level / GCSE Maths, I have the skill, previous experience and some clients as well. But I am not sure what the legal requirements for it are. I now know how to register as self employed, how to pay the taxes and NI. What I want to know is if I have to obtain some kind of license or criminal check or something like that.

Thanks

2. I want to tutor A-Level / GCSE Maths, I have the skill, previous experience and some clients as well. But I am not sure what the legal requirements for it are. I now know how to register as self employed, how to pay the taxes and NI. What I want to know is if I have to obtain some kind of license or criminal check or something like that.

Thanks

3. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

None - insurance might be a good idea (see the NUT site).
    Some parents might want to see a CRB and references.

4. that's brilliant! thanks

and what kind of insurance do you have in mind?

5. Insurance would be personal indemnity to protect you in case anyone tries to sue you if their son/daughter doesn't achieve their target grade.