1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Left or right?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by LondonCanary, Aug 8, 2020.

?

Where do you position yourself?

1. Left

2. Centre left

3. Centre

4. Centre right

5. Right

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

LiamD- we had identical results!

LiamD likes this.
  2. burajda

burajda Star commenter

Its a funny old world, my 'bought our own council house' working class Tory since 1979 father, turned 2017 UKIP/ Brexit voting dad, now says 'that Labour bloke Starmer, seems pretty good to me' .He did vote for Blairs New Labour once though.

3. LiamD

LiamD Occasional commenter

I was looking over your shoulder ;)

jubilee likes this.
  4. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

I can absolutely see where your dad was coming from, he was unashamedly voting in what he thought was his own interest... many many people clearly do and they are entitled to vote for whoever they choose, that is rather the point.

5. Jonntyboy

Jonntyboy Lead commenter

Always good to read a balanced, evidenced, rational and well-spelled post on TES.

artboyusa likes this.
  6. Jonntyboy

Jonntyboy Lead commenter

On the contrary, the world (the western world at any rate) is being conned and lied to by mainstream media more than ever before, aided and abetted by deliberate bias and censorship from internet search engines, Facebook and Twitter.

Oscillatingass and artboyusa like this.
  7. Jonntyboy

Jonntyboy Lead commenter

This has to be wrong. I come out just left of, and fractionally below, the centre point, as a left libertarian. :eek:

8. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

That's OK. Everyone is entitled to my opinions!

LiamD, Oscillatingass and needabreak like this.
  9. Burndenpark

Burndenpark Star commenter

10. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

11. Burndenpark

Somewhere around Gandhi?

12. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

I couldn't tell you anything about Gandhi's position. I'm not even sure what the result tells me about me.

13. Burndenpark

I seem to be slightly less libertarian than you, about as far to the left though.

14. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

The older I become the further left I move. Prostate maybe?

oldsomeman, jubilee and LiamD like this.
  15. Jonntyboy

Jonntyboy Lead commenter

You do make the most nonsensical posts. I worry about you sometimes. How on earth can you extrapolate that my placement (which incidentally was -1.13 and -0.36) on this quiz thing "must be wrong" from my views on the Holocaust?

16. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

It appears we are all in the green so far so there's no need to be calling anyone Gammon or Communists, *other insults are available.

peter12171 likes this.
  17. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

I am amazed nobody has been placed in the authoritarian sector. Subjectively it always seemed many posters had strong views on how others, should vote, the role of the state and how others should behave and lead their lives.

artboyusa and needabreak like this.
  18. Burndenpark

Normally someone who thinks there are "rational reasons to dispute the 6 million figure" would be expected to be far up towards the authoritarian.

Please stop running away and tell us what you think are the "rational reasons to dispute the 6 million figure" and while you are at it, please could you say what you think the number ought to be?

monicabilongame likes this.
  19. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

Hmmm...that's me, it says.
    [​IMG]

20. Jonntyboy

Jonntyboy Lead commenter

But can you not see how completely irrational this is? It is one of the least logical posts I have ever seen on here.
    It perfectly indicates the close-minded restrictions within your own mindset and the way you rush, lemming-like, to superpose your own ideas onto topics instead of assessing them intelligently and methodically prior to constructing valid points that we might take seriously. In so doing, sadly, you destroy for yourself any semblance of a reasoned argument.

[This comment/section has been removed for breaching our Community Guidelines/Terms and conditions]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2020