1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Left or right?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by LondonCanary, Aug 8, 2020.

?

Where do you position yourself?

1. Left

2. Centre left

3. Centre

4. Centre right

5. Right

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Romoletto

Romoletto Occasional commenter

Ask and you shall receive

https://www.politicalcompass.org/

here’s my own result

Attached Files:

cassandramark2 and Burndenpark like this.
  2. Oscillatingass

Oscillatingass Star commenter

Does the truth cause you discomfort? I have absolutely not the slightest interest in your opinions either on politics in general or on my contributions to this forum. Over the years I have engaged in debate with a number of posters on a variety of topics and few if any have exhibited the particular brand of spite which is a key feature of your posting style.

3. friedgreentomatoes

friedgreentomatoes Star commenter

Me too.

vannie and Jamvic like this.
  4. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

5. Nellyfuf2

Nellyfuf2 Lead commenter

6. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

Sorry, something went wrong.
    (Unsurprisingly)

7. modelmaker

modelmaker Lead commenter

So again, nothing of value to contribute.

Don't take us all for fools. What you imagine is the truth is merely what you imagine it to be in your tiny world. Have you not realised that the world is waking up to what is truth and what is fake in recent years?

8. LondonCanary

Social media content (and other Internet content) shows the opposite to be true.

Jonntyboy and nizebaby like this.
  9. modelmaker

More fake news.

10. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

I would argue the world isn't waking up to truth or lies. They believe what they want to believe and much spin is around even on this forum.
    You pays your money and you takes your chances.

peter12171 likes this.
  11. Oscillatingass

My reply was to you not the forum as a whole. Why do you believe you speak for anyone except yourself?

12. nomad

nomad Star commenter

Dunno where others think I stand, but from my perspective... clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am - stuck in the middle...

(with apologies to Gerry Rafferty)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  13. LondonCanary

You sound just like Trump. If it's not stroking your ego, it's fake news

14. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

Shouldn't you have started the ball rolling with your own political position?

sbkrobson and Jamvic like this.
  15. ilovesooty

ilovesooty Star commenter

Gosh. I don't recall you mentioning that before.

16. modelmaker

Anything posted to the forum is there for all to see and discuss. If you wish to reply only to me personally, and keep your comments secret from the rest of the forum, that's what the the PM feature is there for. You and everyone else can be assured I will regard anything in a PM as confidential. However when posted on a public forum, you forfeit any right to confidentiality.

You also lose the ability when you post on a public forum to prevent anyone recovering your previous posts, such as the one in which you said many teachers were a waste of skins, which you took offense to when I posted it as a quote of yours a few months ago. I can find it again if you wish to be reminded.

I'm sorry sonny, if you intend to post on a public forum, you have to take ownership for what you post, and if it's awkward when you're challenged, you'll need to come up with a more plausible excuse for moaning about it than you've been doing so far.

To finalise this this post, I state once again that I believe entirely in free speech. Absolutely. The only caveat to that is that I expect those who speak freely are able to justify what the claim and are prepared to accept criticism for their views, or ridicule when it's justly warranted.

17. Oscillatingass

Another rant. I am aware that when I post a message on the TES personal forum it can be read by whoever happens to read the thread. My problem is you using the phrase "Don't take us all for fools" as though you are a spokesperson for some group of great erudition or that you speak for anyone on the internet apart from yourself. As I said in post #22 the spite displayed in your 'contributions' over time when using your three different identities is actually seriously unpleasant. While we are on the subject of being "unpleasant" do not refer to me as "sonny".

nizebaby and LondonCanary like this.
  18. LondonCanary

I always find it amazing that someone who didn't vote to remain in the EU because they didn't understand the issue is now such an expert it appears in many of their posts.

19. LondonCanary

Why do you think I should have done that?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  20. Spoofer4114

Spoofer4114 Lead commenter

According to the sign post you are on the left.