1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Left or right?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by LondonCanary, Aug 8, 2020.

?

Where do you position yourself?

1. Left

2. Centre left

3. Centre

4. Centre right

5. Right

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. LondonCanary

LondonCanary Star commenter

In an attempt to settle the argument, where do you position yourself politically?

2. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

Which argument?
    Argument with whom?

Jamvic, ilovesooty and knitone like this.
  3. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

I put myself at centre left, but I understand that many on here would have the likes of me far left. C'est la TES.

4. Burndenpark

Burndenpark Star commenter

I've been described as both Marxist and Thatcherite so if you're in such a narrow banding you're doing well

Jamvic likes this.
  5. Burndenpark

Burndenpark Star commenter

Anyone want to post a link to the political compass thing?

6. modelmaker

modelmaker Lead commenter

Is this a pathetic attempt by the Tory party to gather data on who to target, now that the wings of Cambridge Analitica have been clipped?

If it is, wouldn't the nation be better served is you got off your butts and sorted out the world beating track and trace you promised us? Any idea yet when it will be available?

monicabilongame and ajrowing like this.
  7. cissy3

cissy3 Star commenter

You can get hatred from both left and right on here if you dare mention......... feminism.

8. Scintillant

Scintillant Star commenter

What will our alt-right and far-right posters do?

They moan about not having a voice already.

ajrowing and coffeekid like this.
  9. Jamvic

Jamvic Star commenter

Thread title reminds me a couple of superstition sayings.

Left for love, right for spite.

Left for your lover, right for your mother.

Nothing to do with thread, so apologies. Just what popped into my head.

Left of centre here btw.

10. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

I always thought alt-right was just a rebranding of far right, courtesy of Steve Bannon...

11. LondonCanary

:rolleyes:

12. modelmaker

The rebranding was only necessary for the same reason that NuLabour was.

Alt-right is nothing more than an attempt to reinvent an extreme right wing ageneda and make it aceptable when it became obvious that the previous right-wing agenda was failing everyone. It was about creating as much diversion away from the real issues and apportioning blame for the parlous state the economy is in on those least deserving of the blame.

Joe Public didn't cause the banking crisis. Joe Public never gave a toss about the EU before the Alt-right played with their minds, generating the nonsese of leaving the EU being the will of the people. The governments actions throughout the pandemimic in placing orders for PPE amd medical equipment with Tory doners who have no experience whatsoever in providing these goods; and not giving a damn whether they meet the required standards, tell you all you need to know about how corrupt our current govenment is.

But for the emergency legislation that allowed these criminals to do whatever they want, it wouldn't be possible.

13. LondonCanary

It had never been mentioned by anyone before 2016. It was so inconsequential you didn't even vote to remain in the EU.

14. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

Don't worry...
    upload_2020-8-8_21-21-30.png upload_2020-8-8_21-21-30.png

alex_teccy likes this.
  15. modelmaker

No surprises there, that as usual, you're devoid of a constructive comment to add to the discussion, Madge. Have you ever taken time out to consider the point of your existence? Do yo actually have any thoughts worth contributing. You know, the sort that require you to spend time compiling into a coherenet post, rather than just an idiotic emogi?

ajrowing likes this.
  16. artboyusa

artboyusa Star commenter

"Yo"?
    "Coherenet"?
    "Emogi"?

LondonCanary likes this.
  17. modelmaker

18. vannie

vannie Star commenter

Oh no! Not the ‘F’ word!

cissy3 likes this.
  19. Oscillatingass

Oscillatingass Star commenter

Considering only 19 contributions have been made so far there is a significant amount of hate in evidence.

20. modelmaker

Another distraction. Are you incapable of discussinmg what's been happening in society over the last decade in a serious way, or can we anticipate your entire contribution to this site will forever be of negligent Value?

Seriously, if you've got a point to make, why hide your light under a bushel?

ajrowing likes this.