1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Leeting process

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by minnieminx, May 25, 2011.

1. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Phew! I only opened this thread to find out what on earth leeting was. Glad it isn't just me who has no idea.

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Google doesn't know either [​IMG]
    Where is David Marwick to tell us where he got the word from?
    (Or is he one of those posters who asks a question and then never bothers to post again on the thread to thank people who have gone to the trouble to answer. So rude! I really hate that. Look how many threads that happens to , , , ,)
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    The Job Seminars are all sold out, I'm afraid, but Julia is planning some more later on.

A new SLT seminar is planned for 18 June.

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!

3. I don't know if this has anything to do with it but leet or 133t is a word used on the internet derived from the word 'elite'. I only know this because I have a teenage brother.

4. leeting is the exact same as shortlisting, just the name a lot of people in Scotland use, no idea where it came from though.

5. Just wanted to add strength to the Scottish influence as mentioned above - we talk about leeting (and even have a long leet which might be 8-10 candidates whittled down from alll the applications which is then brought down to a short leet of say, 5 candidates who will then be interviewed)

Hope original poster is successful in the leeting process!

6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Thanks for clearing that up all you North of the Border people.
    It had occurred to me it might be a Scottish term, but as they have their own Scottish forum I wasn't sure.