1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Leeds Trinity pgce 2012-2013

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by masamune1989, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Hey,

Just wondering if anyone else will be on the pgce at Trinity starting September? Ive been offered a place on pgce history after interview on 13th December (may have seen some of you there).

2. Hello. Thanks for the congrats! I have pm'd back to answer your questions. Good luck with the interview!

3. Hey, I've got an interview there in a couple of weeks, any chance you would mind just giving a bit of guidance on what it involved? And how much classroom experience did you do beforehand?
    Thankyou :)

4. Is it for the group interview? Have you received the details of it yet? You have an English test which is a spelling test and a paraphrasing extract task. Then you have the group interview which tests your knowledge of schools and gives you a chance to talk about your experiences.

As for my experience, I have two years of two days a week in a history department working with key stage 3,4 and 5. People had varying amounts of experience there though, it's about how you reflect on your experiences more than how much you have.... You could have loads of experience and still fail to understand what a teacher does and how to teach your subject!

5. Hi Guys.
    I have an interview for Leeds Trinity in May for the PGCE in English. The information I was sent seemed a little vague so I’m after a bit of advice regards the group interview. The letter I received states there is nothing specific that I need to prepare, but having read some posts from last year’s candidates they talk of completing a self audit form? Is this an old practise not used for the 2012 intake? I was also wondering if there would be any individual interviews?
    Basically what I am trying to say is that any information that you can offer (big or small) on the group assessment day would be greatly appreciated!!!
    Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing from you with some words of wisdom!!!

6. Speaking to an English potential at my interview the audit form is given to those who pass the group interview and go to the subject knowledge interview two weeks later.

The group interview really is nothing to worry about, it's very informal and is a discussion about the current world of secondary education, so questions about your experience, why you want to teach your subject and questions about secondary teaching like motivating students etc. I'm not certain that all the group interviews are the same but it's really nothing to be concerned about! Good luck and let me know if there is anything else you want to know.

7. I was meant to reply to this last week and totally forgot - sorry!!
    The info you provided was really helpful so thank you for taking the time to post it.
    Good luck with your course!

8. Not sure if you have had your interview yet but the group interview used to be based round a few questions that were supplied to you before the interview. It was questions such as should RE be taught in schools etc. You were expected to discuss the topic as a group with a couple of people observing you. Obviously they look for you talking about your experience in school but I believe its also about how you act in the group, questioning peoples beliefs, drawing answers out of quieter people and sometimes just listening. It's not about being the loudest or talking the most. Good luck.

9. Hello! Yeah I am starting to get a little nervous now too but also eager to get started :) Looking forward to meeting everyone on the pre-course evening next week.