1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Leeds Trinity and All Saint - Secondary English

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by natterz, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Hi Guys,
    I cant help you with English but I applied for History and had a sucessful interview back in February.
    From my interview experience... they didnt base it on the self-audit form (she didnt even look at it whilst I was there) but asked questions related to how I would teach various bits of Histoy to a variety of ages and deal with minor behaviour issues. I would encourage you to link everything you to say to something you have experienced in the classroom.
    The group interview was very straightforward and about the qualities you need to be a teacher.
    Good luck!

2. Hi again Miss_Qatar, I finished my degree 3 years ago so to be honest my literature isn't upto scratch as it was so I know what you mean. I think I am getting more and more nervous especially when I read on here about people not getting a place previously and the strictness of the interview!! Scary!! :/

I wish I knew exactly what was in store and then maybe it may not be as frightening! Plus I really want to get in this year!!
    The poetry and prose seems fine that we were sent out, its the talking about it with words coming out of my mouth correctly that im most afraid of!! haha!! Going to need to pop some nerve pills that day I think!! :)

3. Aaaah, that makes sense. Thank you. Only two weeks until my interview. hopefully it will be OK.

4. hi all,
    I had my interview last week. It was for secondary english. i was asked what i was familiar with on my self audit form and my interviewer seemed particularly interested in the pre-1900 parts. The tutors were really nice and friendly and not scary at all!!! the group discussion was all about what you thought were important for being a good teacher.
    Hope that helps. The two english tasks were easy - just correcting spelling and writing a short 250 word paragraph.
    Hope that helps. Fingers crossed i get in!

5. hi to everyone
    how did you all get on with your interviews?