1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Leaving

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by millicent_bystander, Apr 22, 2012.

1. millicent_bystander

millicent_bystander New commenter

Hello everyone,
    This is a silly question, but I don't know the answer.
    I've just been offered another job and will be leaving my current school at the end of the summer term. What do I need to put in my letter of resignation to ensure that I get paid over the summer holidays? i.e. should it be end of academic year as my date of leaving, or end of August?
    See? Told you it was a silly question, but I honestly don't know, I've been teaching for 9 years but have been in the same school for that time, so this has never cropped up before.
    Many thanks one and all.

2. millicent_bystander

Hello everyone,
    This is a silly question, but I don't know the answer.
    I've just been offered another job and will be leaving my current school at the end of the summer term. What do I need to put in my letter of resignation to ensure that I get paid over the summer holidays? i.e. should it be end of academic year as my date of leaving, or end of August?
    See? Told you it was a silly question, but I honestly don't know, I've been teaching for 9 years but have been in the same school for that time, so this has never cropped up before.
    Many thanks one and all.

3. Elfinew

Elfinew New commenter

Hi,

31st May is the deadline. You must hand your notice in by then.

Hope this helps..

4. millicent_bystander

Hi,
    Thanks. I know when I need to hand my notice in, but need to get paid until the end of August. Just wondered what I needed to state in the letter of resignation to ensure this is the case.
    [​IMG]

5. strawbs

strawbs Occasional commenter

31st August

6. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

State that you wish to give due notice of leaving your employment as of 31st August 2012.

7. millicent_bystander

Thanks everyone!