1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Leaving the EU., the good news (for a change).

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lexus300, Aug 4, 2017.

1. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

@lexus300 - haven't you heard? I don't think the Republic of Ireland really wants Northern Ireland back :eek:

I have a suggestion, though, YOU can go the USA (maybe West Virginia? They love Trump there) and I can stay here - equal immigration! No increase to official figures ;)

Edit

2. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

I'm only seeing four escaping. Is this due to the cutbacks or has one drowned?[/QUOTE]
    Croon der mohren:)

3. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

Eh?

sabrinakat likes this.
  4. sabrinakat

Croon der mohren:)[/QUOTE]

No, one has claimed asylum.....

5. sabrinakat

Croon der mohren:)[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking it might be a foreign language - perhaps if you yell in English or point to a picture, you should be ok.;)

Burndenpark and peggylu like this.
  6. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

I'm thinking it might be a foreign language - perhaps if you yell in English or point to a picture, you should be ok.;)[/QUOTE]
    Clue:
    You are so prim.

7. Pomza

Pomza Star commenter

Love an English riot. Bunch of middle class students with fledgling facial hair, all whacked-out on (ex) legal-highs waving a couple of traffic cones at the Cenotaph, led by the animated corpse of Bob Geldof. They need a bit of a blow-out before they all graduate and get jobs in the city...

Unless its slightly closer to my neck of the woods, in which case its just a chance to slip on our hoodies and go get us a new TV and pair of Rebok Classics...A bit like 'Black Friday' really, you know?

sabrinakat likes this.
  8. Pomza

Pomza Star commenter

Maybe If you’re lucky, this modern intellectual will show up too and say something deeply profound and insightful.

upload_2017-8-4_11-21-32.jpeg

sabrinakat and lexus300 like this.
  9. florian gassmann

florian gassmann Star commenter

It's unlikely that you will read anything to that effect before 2019. Everything else is pure speculation. The sky could fall in. Jean-Claude Juncker could oust the Queen off her throne. The EU might ban all tourists. England might vote to leave the UK ... there are thousands of column inches to fill with speculation over the next year or so. :D

wanet and Pomz like this.
  10. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

When was this going to happen? In or out?
    Like the rest of us, you will have to wait until the negotiations are finished and results announced, that will be in 2019.
    Utter boll*cks.
    [​IMG]
    More utter boll*cks.
    How can anyone with a brain soak up this kind of carp?

11. Pomza

Pomza Star commenter

These crazy kids will be there too. They're Anarchists see. Just like the guys who fought Franco in the 30s. They'll soon put the wind-up the totalitarian regime...
    upload_2017-8-4_11-34-36.png

12. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

Tut
    They are joined by quite a few "remainers" who are, according to the poll, happy with remaining at any cost.
    "One in three Remain voters (34%), say that “significant damage to the UK economy would be a price worth paying if it meant that Britain stayed in the European Union”
    [​IMG]

from the same poll btw
    There are some pretty extreme views on both sides it seems

That said even I think the opening post is mostly from the realm of dreams.
    What sort of dreams I will leave to your imaginations ;):D

13. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Indeed.

14. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Time will tell however by then the doom-mongers will be bitching and bellyaching about something else.
    Without optimism where are we?

15. Didactylos4

Didactylos4 Star commenter

Optimists are often disappointed
    Pessimists can only be right or pleasantly surprised :D

16. sabrinakat

That's what I say about Trump supporters ;)

17. peakster

peakster Star commenter

There are fewer of those every day.

Don't think he'll be visiting New Hampshire anytime soon

sabrinakat likes this.
  18. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

Fair enough, I didn't see that, I got the graphic I posted from a secondary site.

The whole EU referendum was far too emotional and therefore irrational. I have to say though that there are notable benefits in being in the EU for any potential damage, whereas I have yet to see any advantage to the leaving damage other than some seem to like the idea of having fewer foreigners about.

peakster likes this.
  19. peakster

peakster Star commenter

It's quite sad really

20. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Some people have REALLY reaped the financial rewards of BREXIT though

Haven't they Mr Cameron

sabrinakat likes this.