1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Leaving the EU., the good news (for a change).

Discussion in 'Personal' started by lexus300, Aug 4, 2017.

1. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

We will not fail.
    We will not have riots.
    We will not have mass unemployment.
    We will not starve.
    We will continue just like we have for many centuries past.
    We will continue to trade with the EU.
    We will expand our trade with the rest of the world.
    We will continue to live, work and holiday abroad.
    We will continue to accept legal migrants from all over the world.
    We will control our borders in the interests of the British people.

10 reasons to be cheerful:)

There are more BTW:p

Happygopolitely and MonstieBags like this.
  2. peakster

peakster Star commenter

All of those things will be MUCH MORE DIFFICULT and MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE

That's the point - BREXIT is just bad news

3. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

If that's news it's FAKE news...

4. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

You are incorrect. It will not be more difficult, just different and on balance it will cost us less.

TEA2111, thekillers1 and Pomza like this.
  5. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Really:rolleyes:

6. FrankWolley

Yes. It's not news.

Taking your mantra from that liar Trump, I see.

hplovegame48 and thekillers1 like this.
  7. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Now Frank, you should know better than to say that but you don't!!

8. Geoff Thomas

Geoff Thomas Star commenter

Why not just call it the Magic Unicorn Project?

9. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Would that be the EU?

10. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

I thought something had happened to report and not just more Brekshitter propaganda, ah well...

11. Geoff Thomas

Geoff Thomas Star commenter

Clearly your ridiculous Polyanna-style OP.

12. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

Difficult to define. Complete state failure of the UK has never been one of the Brexit worries. Loss of Northern ireland and / or Scotland remains possible and could be construed as failure of the Union.

We probably will, we have had riots for as long as recorded history. The riots will not be directly related to Brexit. I suspect inequality riots will occur within the next few years whether or not we leave the EU. It is possible that Government distraction by Brexit will cause other area of governance to be conducted less well.
    Depends on your definition of mass unemployment and whether or not the people who lose jobs as a result of business decisions to move to the EU find alternative employment.
    Probably not on a Horn of Africa scale, but a variety of sources are predicting increases in the cost of food. A significant number of people are already dependant on food banks.

No century in recorded history has ever been like the previous one. Meaningless claim.

Obviously. Whether the T&C remain as good remains to be seen.

Possibly. Depends whether we can negotiate equivalent T&C or better outside the EU. It's unlikely that many states will offer us better trading conditions just because we're outside the EU.
    Probably, it may become harder and more expensive. Loss of EHIC rights may send some impoverised emigrant Brits scurrying back home.
    T&C for most of the world will remain unchanged. No doubt there will be just as many illegal ones.

Whether border controls are in the interests of the British people is difficult to measure. Whether they are in the interests of wider humanity is also difficult to measure.

13. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Just trying to lighten the mood.
    All you doom mongers seem to be in control, it is your boring and largely unfounded belief in 'misery for misery sake'.

14. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Things were heading that way prior to Brexit.
    You may be right, you may be wrong, who really knows?
    Businesses move in and out all the time, Brexit may be their excuse for now, what has it been in the past and what will it be in the future? I suspect that as usual it will be what it has been forever, 'profit'.
    You are mixing up your replies. The predictions were there well before Brexit. The food banks are due to low wages not food shortage. Low wages whilst a member of the EU (take note).
    Two words you used one in each sentence 'may'. I doubt it very much.
    T&C should apply IMO.
    Agreed.

TEA2111 and Burndenpark like this.
  15. FrankWolley

Moony, mathsmutt and sabrinakat like this.
  16. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

Yes yes
    Dear dear
    Perhaps next year
    Or maybe even never

17. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

If you choose to be silly with your unicorn comment then I choose to respond accordingly. It is a forum or was the last time I looked.

18. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

2019, put your money on it.

19. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

'Five Escape Brexit Island': Enid Blyton adult series set for EU sequel

[​IMG]
    [/QUOTE]

I'm only seeing four escaping. Is this due to the cutbacks or has one drowned?

20. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

You mean observation of what has happened so far and a lack of anything materially better on its way.

I was really rather hoping to read something positive about Brexit that has actually happened but it isn't so.

This week however I have read that older leave voters would be happy for relatives to lose their jobs to get Brexit, which is one of the most selfish things I've encountered in quite a while. The more likely they are to have a guaranteed income the less they care it seems. We've had a lot of talk about "Dunkirk spirit" and the like which seems to me to mean hard times ahead with others manning the boats to pick the unfortunate up while those who chose to make it happen stay at home with a triple locked pension - the generations who weren't actually at Dunkirk and who didn't do any of that heroic stuff they are so keen to encourage others to make happen.

leave.jpg