1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Leaving teaching

Discussion in 'Further Education' started by anon1406, Feb 7, 2012.

1. I'm in my second year of teaching, and have been considering for a while whether this is something i foresee myself doing long term. With upcoming budgets cuts facing FE, and also pension changes, i've applied for a graduate job.

I've passed the first two sections, with 2 face to face interview stages left - should I tell the school before I get given a date for interview?

What's the procedure? I don't feel there's anyone at work I can ask, as I feel i'm doing something wrong - however staying long term is not something I think is for me.

2. I'm in my second year of teaching, and have been considering for a while whether this is something i foresee myself doing long term. With upcoming budgets cuts facing FE, and also pension changes, i've applied for a graduate job.

I've passed the first two sections, with 2 face to face interview stages left - should I tell the school before I get given a date for interview?

What's the procedure? I don't feel there's anyone at work I can ask, as I feel i'm doing something wrong - however staying long term is not something I think is for me.

3. In FE you generally have to give 3 months notice before you can leave, so I'd keep schtum for now. Good luck with the interview!