1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Leaving state in January

Discussion in 'Independent' started by EvilAsh, Oct 4, 2015.

1. EvilAsh

EvilAsh Occasional commenter

Dear all, An independent prep I have always wanted to work for has advertised for a January vacancy and I've applied.

I applied last year and was unsuccessful, but I thought I would try again, the worst is that they say no.

My question is, will they ask why I want to leave my current school mid year? The truest answer is that I really want to work in this school, but it's also true that the working environment in my current school is becoming unbearable due the the recent OFSTED inspection and loads of new scenes and systems being introduced at the same time!

Does anyone have any decent stock answersfor leaving mid year that might go down well?

Many thanks!

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

They might.

Then that's the answer that you should give!

In fact you should set this out clearly in your application, and not just because you think the discipline is better or it's more convenient.

This is the worst possible reason! Worst possible.

Nobody wants a refugee.

We want people who specifically want to come to our school. And can substantiate this.

No, no!

You don't want a stock answer for anything - and neither do I want to hear one! I want a clear and coherent answer that is true to you. And only you can give that, not us.

So start thinking of the positives, of the GOING TO not the RUNNING FROM. In your own mind, as well as for your application.

Good luck!

Attached Files:

EvilAsh likes this.
  3. EvilAsh

EvilAsh Occasional commenter

Thanks TheoGriff, it's not the first time you've given me wise words!

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

(The missing thumbs-up emoticon)

EvilAsh likes this.
  5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

EvilAsh likes this.