1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Leaving Role

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by kazzerly24, Mar 24, 2018.

1. kazzerly24

kazzerly24 New commenter

Hello,

I am pregnant and am currently working out what to do at the end of maternity leave (March 2019) when baby is 9 months old.

I am currently unsure if I will be allowed to go to a part time role.

If this is not an option for me I nay have no choice but to work full time until the summer term and then leave in July '19. My question is: will I be paid for August or not? My last role ended before the Easter hols but they paid me for the holiday anyway :)

Thanks

2. border_walker

border_walker Lead commenter

Most likely you will, but depends upon your conditions of employment - Burgundy Book?

Piranha likes this.
  3. strawbs

strawbs Established commenter

Normally, unless on a fixed term contract, if you leave at the end of the summer term your leaving date is the end of August. It's always good to state that date though in any letter of resignation!
    In terms of part time, you have legally entrenched right to request, but of course it does not necessarily have to be granted. There are specific grounds on which it could be denied.
    Here is the link to Theo's guide https://www.tes.com/news/blog/guide-going-part-time

Piranha likes this.