1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Leaving present

Discussion in 'Primary' started by colonia, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Am leaving my school shortly and wanted to buy a gift for the school. Just wondered if anyone had any good ideas, please?
    I'm RE co-ordinator and love music, so was thinking about some sort of assembly song CD set as a number of members of staff have been grumbling about the secular songs we sing in assemblies, and would like to hear more traditional hymns being sung!
    I don't know if anyone knows of some assembly CDs that are less secular than the one (is it Out of the Ark?) that sings about things like wet playtimes! Obviously I'm not looking for anything that's too much of a dirge, just something with a bit more of a Christian message than a song about wet playtimes (I'm in a church school).
    Any other ideas - even if completely different! - welcomed too!
    Thanks alot

2. Different I'm afraid, we had bird tables bought, one for each area of the school, wind chimes and trees by other people too

3. Thanks for that. To be honest, am now going off the song/hymn CD idea anyway as, after a quick Google search, think it's going to be difficult to find a CD which doesn't feature a third of the songs we already have! Or, if it's a traditional hymn CD, it tends to be just piano playing and the music teacher might feel I'm suggesting her piano playing is not good enough! Oh it's so tricky! I liked the bird table idea but, sadly, we already have one. Please keep ideas coming! Thanks!

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Beanbags for the library?

Empty plain picture frames. Buy one for each year group of about A4 size. Every year a stunning piece of art work from that year group is chosen to be displayed in it for the following year. (Could change it termly maybe.) I did some supply in a school that had these left by a previous teacher. I thought it was a great idea, but not sure exactly how it would work.

5. Thank you!

6. Joyfus

Joyfus New commenter

If you were to go down the CD route there is a good one called Great Big God full of lively songs with a Christian message. Easy to learn too.