1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Leaving present ideas for PGCE placement school/class/children?

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by iofox, Feb 5, 2011.

1. iofox

iofox New commenter

Hello,
    I've had a really good first placement & need some ideas of things to buy for the school & the class to thank them for their support.
    Any clever ideas?:)

2. iofox

iofox New commenter

Hello,
    I've had a really good first placement & need some ideas of things to buy for the school & the class to thank them for their support.
    Any clever ideas?:)

3. Kartoshka

Kartoshka Established commenter

Nothing clever, but I baked some goodies for the staff room when I left my first placement.

4. bigpig

bigpig New commenter

Check with the class teacher, but I bought pencils and lollies. Pound shops usually do lots of sparkly or fancy pencils cheaply and buy a bag of lollies. Just something simple.
    A box of chocs or biscuits or home baking always goes down well with the staffroom if you want to buy them anything.
    For the class teacher/TAs you could get them flowers or chocs.

5. Check with the class teacher. It also depends on the culture of the school.
    In my first placement school, I gave my pupils a pencil each - the BIC type that you click to get extra lead through + rubber on top. This was partly because they NEVER seemed to have a sharp pencil & rubber to hand when necessary! There was a special offer on them in WH Smith's. They were a success by all accounts.
    The second & third schools (yes, I did 3) were in more affluent areas - think Chelsea tractors and Nannys dropping the darlings off in the morning. No "good-bye" pencils. In fact, nothing, just my best wishes & expensive chox for the lovely staff who supported me.