1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Leaving my NQT post/induction question

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by Georgia99, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Georgia99

Georgia99 New commenter

Hello all
    I have given notice on my maternity contract to leave 30 April for a new job, there is a chance it will finish earlier if the postholder comes back before that.
    My position has been part time and I will therefore only have completed one term when I leave. However since being in the post I have only had one observation and feedback session. I have been recording evidence towards standards in my NQT folder but my mentor hasn't looked at it. I have nagged my mentor continually and have secured my second meeting with him in a couple of weeks.
    My question is, what will I have to prove that I have completed 1 term of my induction when I leave the school at Easter?
    My new job is in private adult education so I will not be completing any more of my induction for the moment. But if I gain a teaching post for September, how will I be able to show that I have already completed 1 term?
    Thank you

2. Georgia99

Georgia99 New commenter

Hello all
    I have given notice on my maternity contract to leave 30 April for a new job, there is a chance it will finish earlier if the postholder comes back before that.
    My position has been part time and I will therefore only have completed one term when I leave. However since being in the post I have only had one observation and feedback session. I have been recording evidence towards standards in my NQT folder but my mentor hasn't looked at it. I have nagged my mentor continually and have secured my second meeting with him in a couple of weeks.
    My question is, what will I have to prove that I have completed 1 term of my induction when I leave the school at Easter?
    My new job is in private adult education so I will not be completing any more of my induction for the moment. But if I gain a teaching post for September, how will I be able to show that I have already completed 1 term?
    Thank you

3. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

Official paperwork is filled in after every Induction term, whether that is at the end of a school term or mid-term. Your paperwork should materialise within a short time of your second observation. The paperwork requires your signature and gives you the opportunity to make comments if you so wish.
    The school keeps a copy, you get a copy and the thried copy goes to the LA where you are registered.
    When you go to your next school, show them your copy and they should liaise with the LA Induction team and get copy paperwork from them about your previous Induction record.

4. Georgia99

Georgia99 New commenter

Thanks Jubilee, I haven't had my second observation yet. In the next few weeks is the end of a term for me as I am part time so I guess I should check with my mentor about having this.
    Thank you for your advice.