1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Leaving gift ideas for children

Discussion in 'Primary' started by juju, Mar 22, 2007.

1. I'm leaving my school and class at Easter after a very happy time here, but promotion calls. I want to get my class gifts so they remember their time with me, but I'm completely uninspired! I only have a week to sort it...please suggest some ideas! I don't want to spend a fortune, and I want it to be individual, as they are Y6, so will not see the benefit of a 'class gift' really. Help! Thanks.

2. I'm leaving my school and class at Easter after a very happy time here, but promotion calls. I want to get my class gifts so they remember their time with me, but I'm completely uninspired! I only have a week to sort it...please suggest some ideas! I don't want to spend a fortune, and I want it to be individual, as they are Y6, so will not see the benefit of a 'class gift' really. Help! Thanks.

3. Buy white mugs or plates and a pack of special pens to write on them.
    Mugs can cost 50p and the pens are about £2 each and last for a long time.You can get all the kids to sign each others mugs and you can add a message to each child.
    You then need to bake them in the oven for around 20 mins.

4. I'm putting together a photo album for mine...

5. Fantastic - thanks for your ideas!

6. gcsouth

gcsouth New commenter

I left my yr6 class last Easter. I took a photograph, edited it with Year 6 Class of 2006 on the front and printed 30 copies off using the Asda digital photo service (10p a photo!). I then bought some very cheap small clip frames from Asda and put the photos in these. The kids LOVED them... I have never seen a group of children so appreciative of a present (and preferring this to sweets!).

7. How about some autograph books for when they leave. We get our children them every year and they love them.