1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

leaving card- whole class card, any ideas?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by vickyb81, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Our head had to retire suddenly due to illness. He's coming back on Friday for a leaving assembly. Anyone got any good ideas for designs for a card for him? My class are year 4 and I would like everyone to contribute to it- a poem/picture/painting. I would like it to look really special.
    How could I set it out?

2. Our head had to retire suddenly due to illness. He's coming back on Friday for a leaving assembly. Anyone got any good ideas for designs for a card for him? My class are year 4 and I would like everyone to contribute to it- a poem/picture/painting. I would like it to look really special.
    How could I set it out?

3. Try 2 brightly coloured pieces of A3 card tied together with ribbon. You could get each child to write a message for him in a bubble speech mark and stick it inside alongside a small digital photo of each child. Get a couple of children to decorate the card and to design a picture for the front - maybe a picture of the whole class?

4. Msz

Msz Established commenter

How about they all draw pictures of themselves and make it like a group photograph or audience?

5. How about an acrostic poem using the teachers name? This could either be done as a class poem, or individually, then choose the best one.

6. This might not be apropriate for a year 4 class but i have a reception class and we always draw a picture of ourselves and write our names underneath then stick them all together on the card. We made one for by TA's birthday and she said it was the lovelist thing she'ed ever had.

Lottie