1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Leaving and returning?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by pinkglitter, Mar 5, 2012.

1. You've made it all sound very simple supply slave, but unfortunately as I think you probably know life just isn't that straightforward. Yes, I could refuse to teach extra lessons, causing my results to drop, causing me to fail my PM - it's all a chain of events.
    Employers can make life very difficult for you perfectly legally. You say that "compensation is limitless" - which is precisely why it's so difficult to prove and few people get anywhere with it.
    This isn't a rash decision, I've been thinking about it for months and I quite resent the implication that I am being rash about anything when I haven't done anything yet! The options are either to continue working ten hour days or to resign.

2. No no no I wasn't at all suggesting anything offensive - apologies for the offence caused. It's just this wasn't clear (to me anyway) from your post. It is precisely because of the bullying tactics that I suggest a diary and early involvement of your union.