Apologies in advance for the long post. Thank you for reading and replying if you do. At the start of this academic year I began an assignment undertaking a maternity cover at a school till Easter. It came to me via an agency in the final week of the previous academic year so I accepted it as I wasn't in a position to turn it down. The position was sold to me as a teacher of Humanities (I am a History specialist) so was happy to take this but obviously I wouldn't know what the timetable would be till I started. Because of the nature of my recruitment the first day of term was my first day there and I went in knowing very little. On this I discovered it is a maternity cover for a Geography teacher and 20 of my 21 lessons are Geography, including some KS4. This gave me an uncomfortable feeling in my stomach as I worked a one term contract in a school last year that ended up being wholly Geography, despite being told it would be a History and Geography mix (I believed I could cope with some KS3 Geography if it was part of a mixed timetable). I ended up hating it as I didn't feel comfortable being out of specialism and it brought up some problems. I had a horrible feeling history would be repeating itself. 2 weeks in and I have survived. Minus some issues, which you get everywhere, behaviour has generally been good and I am in a very good, supportive department, yet there is still the big but. There have been moments in lessons, mainly the KS4 ones, where the fact I am out of specialism has given me difficulty and I don't feel I am teaching it too well. If they were observed my lessons are probably satisfactory at best. I haven't divulged to my students that I am a History teacher teaching Geography but I am anxious moments where I have struggled are showing. It is making think that despite the fact that I like the school, the department and it has generally been positive that I don't feel I can last till April. To add to this earlier this week another agency I am registered with advertised a position for a History teacher from after October half term to July as another maternity cover. I have already called them and expressed my interest. They told me they would get back to me next week once the school had been spoken to. Despite the fact I would feel bad because I have a good set of colleagues in my department I have to admit I would not hesitate to terminate the assignment early if it meant I could go to a position that teaches my own subject, especially if it is till the end of the academic year. I would be willing to wait till the end of half term as I know that would be better than leaving during one. This is obviously purely dependent on receiving further information about the post and proceeding. I am wondering is there anyone on here who has experience of terminating a long term supply assignment early and can give me any advice for this situation? I believe that as I am employed through agency rather than directly I am not subject to notice period but some advice on how to go about this would be great as I have never been in this situation before. My main concern is to make sure I am conducting myself professionally in the event I find something more suitable and wish to leave.