1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Leavers Song Lyrics - Out of the ark

Discussion in 'Primary' started by smith1195, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Hey,

I would really like the children to perform the above song at our leavers assembly. I have a copy of the music on my laptop as we had the books at a previous school. Just wondered if anyone has a copy of the lyrics or knows where I can find them?

Thanks

2. Hey,

I would really like the children to perform the above song at our leavers assembly. I have a copy of the music on my laptop as we had the books at a previous school. Just wondered if anyone has a copy of the lyrics or knows where I can find them?

Thanks

3. I've go them - if I remember to bring a copy home tomorrow, I'll mail them. Can you leave an e-mail address, please?

4. toty

toty New commenter

Hello

So now its time to say goodbye
    To our friends, moving on
    And after many years of being here
    We'll be sad, when their gone

This is our leavers song
    We're proud of what you've done
    So many happy times we've had
    So many songs we've sung
    This is our leavers song
    Go from here with confidence
    For all the things to come

So keep in mind those special times
    That we've shared, here with you
    And may the lessons learned through many terms
    With your friends, stay with you

This is our leavers song
    So many songs we've song
    This is our leavers song
    Go from here with confidence
    For all the things to come

So take good care and dont be scared
    As you go, out from here
    Because theres so much more in store for you
    As you grow, through the years

This is our leavers song
    So many songs we've sung
    This is our leavers song
    Go from her with confidence
    For all the things
    For all the things
    For all the things to come.

5. This looks perfect for our Leavers Assembly - anyone have a copy of the music please??

cork.home@talk21.com

Thanks in advance,

mellycat

6. For the sake of £20 I really think you should try to persuade your school to buy a legitimate copy - how else are these very talented musical people supposed to make a living.

The CD is 'Songs for Every Occasion'

7. Sorry cedar - didnt mean to cause offence...i wondered if it was lyrics written to a well known song, not a specifically written song. Will look at website now!

8. No offence taken mellycat. Just like to see people who work hard to make an honest living rewarded for it.

Hope you are as impressed with the music on there as we were. We've now got the new 'words on screen' version of one of the CDs - it's brilliant.

9. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just looked and listened to some sample tracks on outoftheark website. Thinking of getting Songs for every assembly - is it any good? Or should I get the Songs for every occasion?

10. Both are fabulous - but serve different purposes. 'Every Assembly' has songs that can be fitted in to an assembly on pretty much any topic whereas 'Every Occasion' covers events such as beginning/end of terms, Harvest, Mother's Day etc.

The children pick the songs up quickly and easily and really enjoy singing them - singing 'Spring Chicken' (with actions) at our Spring Festival is an annual event - and a sight to behold!!

11. Thanks for everyone who has posted and for the words. I actually ended up scribing them myself and am pleased to see they match with the ones posted here.

I highly recommend the CDs, the kids love singing them!

12. that is good

13. I'd definitely recommend buying the out of the ark books too. We have a selection of them for different occasions and they are brilliant!

Most books have 2 CDs - one with words being sung and the other just the backing tracks meaning once you have learnt the songs, children can sing them to backing tracks making it even better! :)

14. I would really appreciate if you give me a link where I can download the backing track and lyrics powerpoint.

Thanks

Please try to.