1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Leavers assembly - year 6

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lpower, May 24, 2007.

1. Wonder if anyone can help...

This year I have a cohort of just 14 children. Wonderful in many ways but when it comes to a production very tricky. I have purchased Wotta Lotta Bother ( last year we used School Daze and it was brill) however there are just two many parts, even to adapt. I want to have a go at writing my own and jsut incorporate the songs. Has anyone written a year 6 leavers assembly they would be willing to share so that I could perhaps adapt? Thanks

theharpers4@yahoo.co.uk

2. Wonder if anyone can help...

This year I have a cohort of just 14 children. Wonderful in many ways but when it comes to a production very tricky. I have purchased Wotta Lotta Bother ( last year we used School Daze and it was brill) however there are just two many parts, even to adapt. I want to have a go at writing my own and jsut incorporate the songs. Has anyone written a year 6 leavers assembly they would be willing to share so that I could perhaps adapt? Thanks

theharpers4@yahoo.co.uk

3. lpower- we are doing the same play. How many chn do you have? We have got 42 so will have to change it a little. Plan on having less of each thing eg maybe only 2 cooks and change the wording slightly etc...

4. Sorry- i didn't read your first sentence!!!

Quite tricky i guess with just 14. Could you simplify each scene so that the theme is there? Maybe have the 6 main characters the same all the way through then the rest will need to be diff people in each scene. Hard work though!!!

5. Thanks Natsplat.

Think I'll spend some time over half term simplifying it but looks quite tricky (probably due to exhaustion - hopefully I'll regain some energy next week!)

41 is probably a good number of children for this production - hope it goes well!

6. Do you mean an assembly or production?
    We have a whole school production - 105 pupils! and also do a Leavers Service - which obviously is led by Year 6.
    have lots of ideas for productions -but it is difficult with just 14 pupils.

7. Sorry - my post title is confusing. I do mean a production.

8. So can you only use Year 6 for the Production - or could you have a change?

9. Sorry - I didn't have chance to post back earlier

The year 6 really want it to be their own evening. I think I am after a series of scences that link in with their memories of school life. I could perhaps use some of the songs from the production i purchased. I'll perhaps feel more creative after a few days rest. If anyone has any ideas I'd really appreciate them- thanks

10. We have a cohort of 62 which also creates casting problems we get round it by writing our own show.

This year we ahve promised ourselves a show with no props and are using Midsummer nights Dream as a basis to hang school specific themes onto.

Helena and Hermia are dark and blonde- we have a successful chess team so Oberon will become King of the chess pieces and everyone is wearing Black and white. Our children who dread performing will be a group of pawns and only come onto stage together.

For music we are using Take That music, not sure why, seemed a good idea at the time!

Have a look at your children's talents and personalities can you write them something specific around a story? We have also based shows on West side story with a very aggressive cohort- led to some very loud gang chants.

11. Thanks for everyones ideas so far.

Any other ideas please that have worked with a small cohort?

12. I've tried very hard to rewrite the production I have but with not success! I am not feeling creative at all - probably too stressed I think!

Does anyone have a script that they have used in the past that I could look at? I want to do a leavers assesmbly/production type performance. Please, please help if you can...

theharpers4@yahoo.co.uk