1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Leavers assembly song suggestions

Discussion in 'Music' started by joyfulflute, May 10, 2011.

1. Has anyone got any good ideas of suitable songs/pop songs for children to sing at their primary school leavers assembly?

Something inspirational or about moving on.

Thanks

2. bod99

bod99 New commenter

Look at "Believe" on the Sing Up site. We used it, the kids loved it and there wasn't a dry eye in the house.
    There's also a song called "Where do we go from here" in one of the Singing Sherlock books which is ideal and was also a big success.

3. I love Believe! Did it with year 4 as part of community work and they wanted to sing it EVERY time!

4. LennoxBerkeley

LennoxBerkeley New commenter

Friends. Killing in the Name by Rage Against the Machine also has a strong message at an appropriate time in their little lives. Always happy to help. Lennox.

5. v12

v12

Or anything by the Scorpions...

6. 'Bring on tomorrow', finale from 'Fame the musical'. Lyrics are all graduation related, there are lower male solo's but I think most would translate up the octave.

7. Thanks for all your suggestions. Especially Rage Against the Machine :)
    I can't access the songs from Sing up in Scotland for some reason. I'll have a lok at all others though.

8. As We Go Now - by Fischy Music is a nice song with appropriate words.

9. There are some really fantastic leavers assemblies songs on the learn2soar website. They've got a new Olympic themed leavers assembly, but my favourite is the 'Journey On' leavers assembly CD. The songs are really catchy and the accompanying assembly script really was 'ready-to-use' for once! Saved a LOT of time and very funny too! Here's the link:
    http://www.learn2soar.co.uk/leavers-assemblies/info_20.html