1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Leave of Absence HELP!

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by magpie1512, Nov 6, 2018.

1. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

Tis, tish, such stereotyping... ;)

2. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

I cannot deny it - but my Australian friends and family do seem to very stereotypical.... ;)

3. SCAW12

SCAW12 Occasional commenter

Offer to make a large sculpture for the school reception or mini sculptures with your chosen class based on your Australian experience.

FrankWolley likes this.
  4. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

I saw this and, for some reason, it seemed relevant...;)

[​IMG]

5. Rott Weiler

If I were OP not sure I'd use it to support my application for time off....

agathamorse likes this.
  6. magpie1512

magpie1512 New commenter

Thanks again for your response! The festival that we are attending had pagan origins, although on further reflection this would not be a valid reason to ask for the leave as the dates of the festival doesnt actually line up with any of the observances that we tend to celebrate.

As mentioned before, I have now got a meeting with HT on Friday to discuss.

@numberoneteacher celtic paganism is the route of the majority Christian festivals, we follow observances of equinox, solstice, and Yule tide (Christmas) and it is a religion within the Uk. Please do a quick Google before making comments on other people's lifestyles.

7. magpie1512

magpie1512 New commenter

Hi all, just a quick update for you.
    My leave of absence was APPROVED! - on the basis that I use some of the time to create curriculum links with a school out there.
    So thanks for all you help, just goes to show, if you don't ask you don't get! :)

mothorchid, ilovesooty and IanG like this.
  8. Rott Weiler

Good news!

IanG likes this.