1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Leasing, for & against?

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by ICT Guy, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Hiya,
    We are seriously thinking of leasing lots of equipment to rapidly improve our hardware. Has anyone got any views/experiences of this please?
    Many thanks

2. Hiya,
    We are seriously thinking of leasing lots of equipment to rapidly improve our hardware. Has anyone got any views/experiences of this please?
    Many thanks

3. Yes, if your finance people let you - brilliant. My last place had cracking deals with DELL - never an aged machine, fantastic discounts, all shiny & new, frequent upgrades. Recommended.

4. gavcradd

gavcradd New commenter

Yeah, we do that with RM. It's not really leasing as after 3 years they let you keep the equipment anyway. Keeps costs under control, recommended.

5. I'd definitely weigh up the advantages of a leasing structure vs buying refurbished with warranty.

6. djphillips1408

djphillips1408 New commenter

Be very careful with lease agreements and read the fine print thoroughly, I know my school fell foul of a dubious leasing scheme some years ago and there's no way I would ever lease anything personally. I would echo the setntiment above in that you can get some fabulous refurb deals kicking around and certainly we go that route for all our desktop equipment and get towers in for around the £150 mark. I would guess this is what you would pay for just one year of a 3 year lease deal....

7. Any pointers on productive places to look for re-furb deals. I'm not in a state school with lists of contacts from the LEA.

8. djphillips1408

djphillips1408 New commenter

http://www.misco.co.uk/Cat/14182/Desktops-TFTs