1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Learning to read music in the classroom

Discussion in 'Music' started by Tessama, May 1, 2011.

1. I am currently conducting some research into the learning and teaching of music notation as part of a Masters degree in music education. I am interested in hearing from teachers who have an opinion they would like to share. Perhaps you feel passionately that there is no place for the teaching of notation in the classroom, or you may feel that all children should be taught to read music from the start. This is a subject that seems to divide music teachers and I am interested in hearing from all sides of the debate. If you'd rather PM me please feel free.
    Thanks in advance for joining the conversation.

2. I am currently conducting some research into the learning and teaching of music notation as part of a Masters degree in music education. I am interested in hearing from teachers who have an opinion they would like to share. Perhaps you feel passionately that there is no place for the teaching of notation in the classroom, or you may feel that all children should be taught to read music from the start. This is a subject that seems to divide music teachers and I am interested in hearing from all sides of the debate. If you'd rather PM me please feel free.
    Thanks in advance for joining the conversation.