1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Learning to be Loud

Discussion in 'Professional development' started by greenskittle, Jan 20, 2011.

1. I have always been quiet in life when meeting new people, but generally am quite a loud person once I know someone.
    I just taught my first lesson (second year undergrad QTS) and although it was good to begin with it did fall apart near the end, one thing I was told to work on was being louder,
    I knew beforehand that it was going to be something I had to focus on and so all the time during the lesson I was talking with a raised voice - however I was informed that I was still too quiet at times. Also I would like to be able to raise my voice and shout at a pupil at times Im just not sure if I have it in me. It also doesn't help that I am short, slender and female.
    I know someone else who has had this problem and went on a course to help with it... but i cannot remember the name of the course... Is there anyone else who has this problem? Could anyone give me some advice?
    Thankyou

2. I have always been quiet in life when meeting new people, but generally am quite a loud person once I know someone.
    I just taught my first lesson (second year undergrad QTS) and although it was good to begin with it did fall apart near the end, one thing I was told to work on was being louder,
    I knew beforehand that it was going to be something I had to focus on and so all the time during the lesson I was talking with a raised voice - however I was informed that I was still too quiet at times. Also I would like to be able to raise my voice and shout at a pupil at times Im just not sure if I have it in me. It also doesn't help that I am short, slender and female.
    I know someone else who has had this problem and went on a course to help with it... but i cannot remember the name of the course... Is there anyone else who has this problem? Could anyone give me some advice?
    Thankyou