1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Learning the Basics - Trainee Teacher

Discussion in 'History' started by sharnaholman, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Hello! Im training to become a primary school teacher.

Is there anywhere online or a book that can be recommended, that will give me an overview of each of the history topics?
    I want it to only include what needs to be learnt by the children, so nothing written in depth for adult studying.

Im very lost!
    Someone help?

2. Hello! Im training to become a primary school teacher.

Is there anywhere online or a book that can be recommended, that will give me an overview of each of the history topics?
    I want it to only include what needs to be learnt by the children, so nothing written in depth for adult studying.

Im very lost!
    Someone help?

3. bigwig2404

bigwig2404 New commenter

The schools that you go into on placement will have resources for the history topics that they cover. Once you know what topic you are teaching, the resources on here are very good. Another website that has lots of information on history topics is Woodlands Junior. The good thing about that site is how child friendly the language is.

You will need to wait really to see exactly what you are teaching.

Best of luck with your training, I've only just finished my NQT year so the memory of the fear is still very strong!