1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Learning Support structure - Independent (international schools)

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by harry f, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    I work overseas in an international school as SENCO. It's only me at present, but we are looking to review our strategy in the next few months. What sort of structure would typically be in place for a 500 pupil upper school (independent - high achieving, international)? It would probably involve employing LSAs for general in class and small group support (EAL too possibly). We don't charge for support at the moment, but I know some schools do.
    Any feedback welcome.
    Many thanks
    Harry F

2. Hi all,
    I work overseas in an international school as SENCO. It's only me at present, but we are looking to review our strategy in the next few months. What sort of structure would typically be in place for a 500 pupil upper school (independent - high achieving, international)? It would probably involve employing LSAs for general in class and small group support (EAL too possibly). We don't charge for support at the moment, but I know some schools do.
    Any feedback welcome.
    Many thanks
    Harry F