1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Learning Support in Middle School Maths - HELP!

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by Stooby68, May 5, 2011.

1. I am teaching a mixed ability middle school maths class, teaching all of Year 8 (100+ kids) in an international school. In the majority of classes I have kids working at the appropriate level or above. However in each class I have one or two students who are working at a Year 5 level.

My learning support unit is not providing much support and I'm really struggling giving these students what they need whilst covering the needs of the other students - does anyone have any bright ideas or any programmes they know of that maybe suitable? Ultimately they need basic skill consolidation - any middle school learning support programmes out there?

Appreciate some advice as I feel like I'm really letting these students down.

2. I am teaching a mixed ability middle school maths class, teaching all of Year 8 (100+ kids) in an international school. In the majority of classes I have kids working at the appropriate level or above. However in each class I have one or two students who are working at a Year 5 level.

My learning support unit is not providing much support and I'm really struggling giving these students what they need whilst covering the needs of the other students - does anyone have any bright ideas or any programmes they know of that maybe suitable? Ultimately they need basic skill consolidation - any middle school learning support programmes out there?

Appreciate some advice as I feel like I'm really letting these students down.