1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

LEARNING RESOURCE

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by sthomas212, May 10, 2011.

1. Hello,
    I am a student at the University of Wales, Newport and I've been given an assignment based on special educational needs. This is the brief that was given to me:
    Children of all ages find play enjoyable, in education many educationalist such as teachers, play workers and childminders have used the theory of learning through play to enhance learning. This is shortage of play equipment for children who require special educational need to make learning through play enjoyable.
    I was hoping to get some feedback from pupils or parents and I would be very grateful for any ideas you could give me, any information you could give regarding this topic so I can design and manufacture a resource that will be both fun and practical.
    Thank you so much for your time
    Shawn Thomas

2. have a look on this webb www.do2learn may give you some ideas, problem area so diverce
    Many children in this area have short attention , so multiple use , may be what you are looking for, somthing that can be switched from maths to practical application at an instant.
    Know from experiance learning must be split up in specific areas. To Continue to HE .
    Example young lady able Study Anatomy body parts split up arm , leg . Lable's too the muscles etc in a practical way.
    once learnd area assesed, takes longer , but with short term memory loss it works , in
    many areas these students have good long term memory.