1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Learning objectives in books

Discussion in 'Primary' started by petrapan, Aug 31, 2011.

1. How can I save time on this with a KS1 class? I was going to use labels with the date and LO but am amazed at the cost of them and afaik my school don't provide them. If I ask them to write it in their books, it'll waste so much time as they're only year 1 and some of them are very slow writers. It seems a meaningless task tbh but I want the books to stand up to scrutiny.

2. Write date and LO in a word document and then copy and paste down the page. Print,trim and then get the kids to stick it at the top of their page. As long as you use pritt stick glue and not pva, the kids should be fine with it :)

3. This works, and once they get in the swing they can do it fairly quickly.

4. hammie

hammie Senior commenter

general point re targets in back of books
    if you need to refer to the target while marking (or would like children to refer to them)
    Print the target on a sheet big enough to fold in and out of the back cover, so that the target can be read without continual flipping back and forth.
    Incidentally, I do my targets printing by setting up an Excel spreadsheet then a standard sheet. Then finally mailmerging the lot. Saves time as many targets repeat between pupils

5. If you know the l.o for a block / unit of work (I have done this with maths) I have put a table in their books and written a letter next to each learning objective. Then the children just write the date and the letter of the corresponding learning objective for their books.

6. jog_on

jog_on New commenter

Love this idea - thanks for sharing!

7. I use labels. trick is to be very frugal with them I buy staples own brand which are the same as the avery templates and get about 1600 at a time these last well over a term. Print more than one lo per sticker and use the trimmer to get more out of them! They can be used for anything then!