1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

LEARNING JOURNEYS

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by natashii, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Hi all
    for my learning journeys i stick in the photos and observations and then write a samll comment if next to a photo. I then refernce the observations/photos to the eyfs scale points e.g, Writing 3 or CD 6 etc
    When u stick observations/photos into ur learning journeys do u just give them one main scale point refrence or do u note down a few that they giv eveidence for? E.g. if a child was role playing and playing alongside other children and useing talk to imagine situations, would u reference a few profile points that that situation provides evidence for (SD 1, 2, LCT 2, 5 CD 1) ect and write down the actual points for each OR do u just pick one single profile point and reference that? Please help!

2. Hi all
    for my learning journeys i stick in the photos and observations and then write a samll comment if next to a photo. I then refernce the observations/photos to the eyfs scale points e.g, Writing 3 or CD 6 etc
    When u stick observations/photos into ur learning journeys do u just give them one main scale point refrence or do u note down a few that they giv eveidence for? E.g. if a child was role playing and playing alongside other children and useing talk to imagine situations, would u reference a few profile points that that situation provides evidence for (SD 1, 2, LCT 2, 5 CD 1) ect and write down the actual points for each OR do u just pick one single profile point and reference that? Please help!

3. We don't bother with profile points! We look at the photos, post its and work in the learning journeys and use them to inform us when entering the profile scores at the end of the half term. They are enough work as it is!

4. Miss Piggywig

Miss Piggywig New commenter

We link to the main one but sometimes others to if the observation (note) shows them, Ofsted seemedhappy with this.

5. inky

inky Lead commenter

6. they are sent to ks1

7. inky

inky Lead commenter

So the parents have nothing to do with it.

8. You do what helps you most to know where the child is at and what opportunities to provide next. Not the same, necessarily, as others do.
    What/ who is the learning journey for? Be empowered. Do it how you want. It's not statutory.

9. I put post-its and photos in. On the post-its I will put something about what the child was doing or saying then I will put a note to myself such as 'PSRN SSM 40-60 creating patterns'. I do this because I find it easier when it comes to assessing and planning as I have simplified it for myself.
    Sometimes I will just put CLLD or PSRN etc so that I can tell at a glance.

Do what works best for you and your settings.