1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

learning journeys Reception help

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by smileycolleague, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Can anyone explain what a lourney journey is and what it looks like - any examples would be good to see?

Thanks

2. Can anyone explain what a lourney journey is and what it looks like - any examples would be good to see?

Thanks

3. I would also like to know. I handed in my Literacy books for a book scrutiny and was told the learning journey wasn't clear in some books???

4. Me too! Just wondering if they are any different to what we currently do ie collecting observations and building learning profiles?

5. i went on a course on learning journeys as part of EYFS training. We were given an example of a proforma to use, I could email it to you if it would be useful. Basically a learning journey is similar to an observation but generally follows the child for a longer period and may involve several children. We were told that we could include perhaps one each term in the children's learning diaries, if the learning journey includes several children just photocopy it for each diary.

It may help to think of a short observation as a snapshot, a learning journey as a video!

6. Msz

Msz Established commenter

There are examples on the EYFS site/CD

7. Quite a few nursery classes in jersey are doing learning journeys but i am not quite there yet. Would it be possible to email me as well? Thanks - will add some examples in september of what we are doing over here

8. Hi Nicole48

Would i be able to have a copy of the format too. I am trying to put something together for september but would like to see how others are doing it too. My email is poppyboo@ymail.com

Thank you

Poppy

9. Rendellers

Rendellers New commenter

I'm labelling my 'book' next year 'My learning Journey' - do you mean that's not good enough?!

10. Hi, I have emailed those who gave email addresses, hope it is useful.

11. smiley786

smiley786 New commenter

12. Would love to have a look too, always in need of fresh ideas, never seem to be able to get it right in Reception- every time I think I'm there something new comes along!

jw0263@gmail.com