1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

learning journey layout ideas pleas

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by questionsandanswers, Sep 15, 2016.

1. questionsandanswers

questionsandanswers Occasional commenter

Hi I have to explain how my experiences have led me to teaching a pgce course and have to lay it out in a creative way. Does anyone have any ideas please? so far i have written it out like an essay what could i do to make it more creative??

2. welshwizard

welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

Pictures, collages, mimes, poetry, dance, drama..... these are all creative...or if you really want to be outside the box bring in artefacts to share with the audience then talk about each piece and its significance.

questionsandanswers likes this.
  3. blueskydreaming

blueskydreaming Lead commenter

PowerPoint presentation

4. peakster

peakster Star commenter

Anything that features the word "journey" has me immediately reaching for a bucket to vomit in.

hhhh and Billie73 like this.
  5. questionsandanswers

questionsandanswers Occasional commenter

Thank you!!

6. hhhh

hhhh Lead commenter

Yes, you could do an X-factor type thing.

7. hhhh

hhhh Lead commenter

I really can't imagine the expression on my first mentor's face if I'd told her we had to do this at teacher training!
    We wrote letters of application, stating why we wanted to teach.
    We discussed this at interview.
    On the first day of the course, we all briefly explained to our class-mates why we were doing it.

8. saluki

saluki Lead commenter

I had to do a presentation at my interview stating why my subject was important, what experience I had which suited me to teaching and why we wanted to teach. I spoke without notes or prompts. Some people used powerpoint. I can't recall it ever being mentioned again.

9. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

It's a journey. Get a big map, draw a route ending at your university and make up milestones on the way.