1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Learning Challenge Curriculum

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by mrsab, Jun 9, 2010.

1. I saw a snapshot of how to create a learning challenge curriculum on a recent course in terms of the learning being presented to the children as a series of questions. Is there anyone using this approach that would be willing to give me some feedback and an idea how to structure the planning? Thank you in advance.

2. I saw a snapshot of how to create a learning challenge curriculum on a recent course in terms of the learning being presented to the children as a series of questions. Is there anyone using this approach that would be willing to give me some feedback and an idea how to structure the planning? Thank you in advance.

3. It works really well, we did this as a whole school in a creative curriculum project a few years ago with each yr group using the same painting as a stimulus. I've got the planning sheet I used in FS1 if that would help. We've also introduced 'Mystery boxes' in FS2 this year. Each week one child from each key person group takes the box home, puts something in it and writes down two clues. Then on Mondays we have mystery box time and the child who took it home, tells the others in the group their 1st clue with everyone else taking it in turns to ask questions to find out more info. Now that they've got over asking 'Is it a dog?', they formulate really goodquestions and it is developing their higher order thinking skills as well as confidence etc.

If you want copy of that planning, I'll email you it. Hope this helps

4. I was about to post about using this approach in FS as my school is introducing the creative curriculum from September. I had wondered what the planning would like in FS so I would be interested in seeing your planning...... Please!
    thanks
    july1968@hotmail.co.uk

5. Please can I have a copy too.
    sjcachat@hotmail.com

6. Please could I jump on the bandwagon too and have a copy ?
    My email is sesame1_2000@yahoo.co.uk
    Many thanks

7. This sounds really interesting - love the idea of the mystery box! Could i have a copy of the planning too please? jmbear14@googlemail.com X

8. We have had an inset day and staff meetings on the Learning Challend Curriculum and would be interested in seeing how you have structured your planning,
    Please xxx
    popelynnhoward@hotmail.com

9. Just wondering if you could send me a copy of the learning challenge curriculum planning? my school is introducing it this September? I would very much appreciate it.

Thank you - tiagospears@hotmail.co.uk

10. LizzieTish

LizzieTish New commenter

Really sorry to ask but may I have a copy of how you use learning challenges in fs1 and tbe bo in fs2, please? Lizadie@hotmail.co.uk. many thanks x

11. I would also be really grateful to receive a copy if I am not too late. Many thanks. x

jjnellie800@aol.com

12. Pow

Pow

I would also love to see the planning. Thank you. My email is beryl.spence@sky.com

13. Hi this sounds great, I'm looking at engaging parents a little more so this could really help. Please can I have a copy too Victoria.allsop@hotmail.com

thanks