1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

learning activity/game to bring for PGCE interview...help!!!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by nat1958, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Hello,
    I have a PGCE interview soon and have been asked to bring along evidence of a game or activity that demonstrates how children learn. The age range I plan to teach is lower primary, so the activity can be for children from 3-7 years old.
    I was thinking of taking a photo of me with a group of childen (as I work in a nursery) taking part in the tray memory game, I don't know if it has an actual name. (show objects on a tray, hide objects under a blanket, remove it and children have to remember which one is missing). I have to discuss children's learning related to the activity, so thought this was a good one for memory, concentration etc.
    I was wondering if anyone had any other activites they do that are perhaps not as obvious, so I could stand out at the interview! Any help is greatly appreciated!!
    Thanks, Nat

2. It's called Kim's Game and I think what you are planning to do for the interview is great- it's something you've done so you'll be able to talk confidently about it and that's the most important thing.

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Fantastic idea! If you link the objectswith a theme, you could extend your HA to say which is the odd-one-out & why.