1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Leading a mass this half term - first time to do this, help!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Massey118, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Hey
    I teach in a Catholic school and my class year 4 have to lead a mass in the church near the end of half term. Has anyone any advice for me? I am wondering if anyone knows of good songs that I can use for a liturgical dance.
    I am going to struggle with this!

2. Hey
    I teach in a Catholic school and my class year 4 have to lead a mass in the church near the end of half term. Has anyone any advice for me? I am wondering if anyone knows of good songs that I can use for a liturgical dance.
    I am going to struggle with this!

3. What is the theme of the liturgy? Is it about what Jesus accomplished on the cross?
    I have got some suggestions, but I don't know if they would be appropriate for a catholic mass. I use them when I am leading communion in my church fellowship.
    Do you want a hymn? Or a more contemporary song?

4. Hey would like a contemporary song if it was suitable for church. We are looking at the theme of memories and moving onto death/new life so it will be linked to those themes.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated

5. hmmm, I'll have a good think about it, I got lots of Christian contemporary music on my comp. When do you need to have ideas by?

6. Are you looking at spiritual new life? Or as in Easter and Jesus' resurrection? Sorry to be pedantic, but it will help me with ideas.
    Rachel

7. It will be a long the lines of jesus and resurrection.
    It isn't till near the end of the half term, just wanted to get ideas soon.
    Cheers for trying to help

8. I'm really sorry for the delayed reply. Hope the following will be of some use:
    Jesus, thank You by Sovereign Grace
    See, what a morning by Keith and Kirstyn Getty
    In Christ alone by Keith and Kirstyn Getty
    Glorious Day by Casting Crowns
    There is a Redeemer by Keith Green
    Wondrous Cross by Michael W. Smith
    Also check out the other Sovereign Grace songs.

You should be able to listen to all of these on youtube.
    There is just a few for you to have a listen to, see what you think. If none are appropriate, I'll have another think.
    Rachel