1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Leadership v. TLR

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by Noahsgirl, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Thanks for the information. Is there anything else under exisiting 'normal' pay and conditions, other than the 1265, that can be altered?
    It's the 'whole lot more' that I'm trying to get my head round. Is it that there is no limit to the 'whole lot more' you can be asked to do and no recourse/ ability to refuse once your onto the leadership spine?

2. In our school......leadership meetings once a week of whatever length Head requires, any amount of lunchtime duties, any amount of early morning duties, any amount of ...'I just need you to do this now/in your management time'......being expected to cover in your PPA time....agree with the Head in staff meetings regardless of your personal views....take assemblies at a minutes notice....

3. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

Apart from weekends and holidays being specifically your own the head is mainly constrained by the rwquirment for oyu to have a break of reasonable length and to have regard to your work/life balance, a vagueness which could work in your favour if you can show that pressures put on you are causing you unreasonable distress in your personal circumstances.