1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Leadership Time

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by alidee, Sep 29, 2018.

1. alidee

alidee New commenter

Hi

I am HT of a 1fe primary. I don’t have a DH but do have an AHT. He currently has 1 day out of class for his leadership time and an afternoon for PPA.

Would be interested to hear how much release time other DH/AHT have in similar sized schools.

Thanks

2. digoryvenn

digoryvenn Lead commenter

In my previous school, the AHT had half a day leadership time and half a day PPA time which was put together as one day a week out of class. It was a one and a half form entry. The other AHT in the school was non-teaching.

3. cornflake

cornflake Established commenter

1fe.
    Non class based part time Deputy, who is also SENCO, for 2.5 days a week; who gives other subject leaders time for monitoring as and when required e.g. a morning here and there; covers NQT time; and does some planned cover too. So basically, she has half a day leadership for herself (but no class).

4. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

I had half a day leadership and half a day PPA ( which always ended up as leadership time instead!) so a day out in total-slightly smaller school.

install likes this.
  5. abacus1982

abacus1982 Occasional commenter

1fe school. DHT has a class responsibility and is out of class 3 x afternoons which is for PPA/Leadership Time.

install likes this.
  6. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

1 fe primary: deputy has two afternoons a week for leadership and PPA . Senco is part time non teaching one day per week.

7. R13

R13 New commenter

Just wanted to share my admiration for those of you carrying out such important roles with so little time - congratulations!

install likes this.
  8. clawthorpegirl

clawthorpegirl New commenter

I agree with R13!
    I am DHT at a 2fe and don’t have a class - am also SENCO and DSL. I teach equivalent of about 1 and a half days week normally (PPA for Y6 and some intervention groups). We also have an AHT who doesn’t have a class this year but teaches about 80% of the week ina variety of roles.

install likes this.
  9. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

I am currently a HOS with no teaching committment, but I'm also SENCO and DSL in a school where safeguarding concerns are rife! Even OFSTED said I did too much!

install likes this.