1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Leadership restructure

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by angelsa, Apr 11, 2011.

1. We have just been told that in the next year the whole of the school staff will be undergoing a restructure, to save costs. However on the back of that we were told by the Business Manager that the Leadership will also be undergoing a review. The Head has said that we are an effective team and wants to get Ofsted out the way first and then change. My point is that we re-structured the teaching staff 3 years ago to Head, Deputy, 2 Assistant Heads, Bursar and then teachers. How do we stand regarding our jobs? Can they just say that a post is no longer needed?
    Please help!

2. We have just been told that in the next year the whole of the school staff will be undergoing a restructure, to save costs. However on the back of that we were told by the Business Manager that the Leadership will also be undergoing a review. The Head has said that we are an effective team and wants to get Ofsted out the way first and then change. My point is that we re-structured the teaching staff 3 years ago to Head, Deputy, 2 Assistant Heads, Bursar and then teachers. How do we stand regarding our jobs? Can they just say that a post is no longer needed?
    Please help!

3. R13

R13 New commenter

IF like many schools, the school budget has seen significant cuts which will be increased next year then it is likely a restructure and a loss of jobs is likely. If the number of pupils at the school has gone down that even more so. the fact that ther was a restructure a few years ago when schools budgets were going up each year doesn't mean they can't or shouldn't re-stucture again.
    I don't know the circumstances at your school but I'm afarid to say that if the school can't afford the current staffing then not only can they re-structure, it would be rather odd if they didn't re-examine staffing. Sorry and good luck