1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Leadership pay query

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by sandler, Nov 20, 2018.

1. sandler

sandler New commenter

Hi
    I have three lines of enquiry here if anyone can answer me....

1) If you are on L1, does the STPCD pay update suggest that this should be a statutory uplift of pay, and should be backdated until Sept 2018?
    2) Should you be written to by Governors to discuss any reason why or why not you should move up to the next pay point after a year in role?
    3) If you have a FT teaching and tutor role as well as an SLT post in a maintained AP, should the fact you are on the leadership scale preclude you from being awarded an SEN allowance?

Thank you.

2. J.M.Powell

J.M.Powell New commenter

1. Pay rise-yes 1.5% backdated to a September assuming you aren’t an academy. No statutory uplift to L2 though unless this is indicated in your pay policy.
    2. If your line manager recommended a pay uplift to governors and they said no I would expect your line manager to discuss reasons with you. You could always write to the governors to enquire and then they should write back.
    3. If you are SLT you don’t get SEN as well.

sooooexcited likes this.