1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Leadership pay help

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by TheHattie111, Sep 20, 2020.

1. TheHattie111

TheHattie111 New commenter

Hi,

Once you are on the leadership pay as a senior leader, are you able to be 'taken off'? I understand roles may be reviewed, but I remember reading somewhere you cannot be removed from leadership pay but can't find anything in pay and conditions.

Any help appreciated!
    Thanks

2. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

The school might decide to have a staffing restructure. In this restructure a leadership post may no longer exist. In that case, you would either be given the opportunity to apply for another post on the structure, be moved into another post if this is fair to everyone else or be made redundant. So, if your leadership post is permanent and not a temporary change in contract, then you can’t just be ‘taken off’ but the school might decide that a change in structure is needed. This would fully involve HR and governors.

3. TheHattie111

TheHattie111 New commenter

Thank you - that's very helpful.

4. Sundaytrekker

Sundaytrekker Star commenter

Also a move to a new post would have your pay protected at the old salary for a period. It used to be three years but I think it’s a shorter period now.

5. shevington2

shevington2 New commenter

We assume you have run this past your Union.