1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

leader of teaching and learning

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by stratford1, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Hi guys

I am hopign someone will be able to help me build a picture. I have been asked to become the leader of teaching and learning next year. I am going to be having a meeting with my head about this soon, and will be discussing the exact nature of the role. I want to go with some ideas of what I think the role would involve.

Has anyone got any ideas about this? Do you have a leader of teaching and learning within your school?

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks

2. Hi guys

I am hopign someone will be able to help me build a picture. I have been asked to become the leader of teaching and learning next year. I am going to be having a meeting with my head about this soon, and will be discussing the exact nature of the role. I want to go with some ideas of what I think the role would involve.

Has anyone got any ideas about this? Do you have a leader of teaching and learning within your school?

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks

3. Lots: ASTs, Two assistant heads.. You might help collate the lesson observations, organise INSETs about teaching and alearing, do drop ins to asses the teaching and learning levels in the school, encourage peer coaching and establish lesson observation schemes like lesson study, talk about teahing and learning all the time an help staff to understand what afl is and how they can encourage independent learning etc in lessons

4. I have found Mike Hughes useful when working closely on t&l eg mapping out the development of a t&l booklet/ guide through staff training and peer support. Worth a read.

5. Thanks everyone for your input. It has helped clear the mud a little bit.