1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

LEA supply in the NE are there any?

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by cliveceltic, Jul 27, 2011.

1. I might be being thick but I can't seem to find details of any LEA supply pools in the NE, preferably Northumberland, North Tyneside and Newcastle staying north of the river.

2. I might be being thick but I can't seem to find details of any LEA supply pools in the NE, preferably Northumberland, North Tyneside and Newcastle staying north of the river.

3. Ring the Council at Morpeth and they'll send you the forms.

4. Hello,
    I currently work for a supply agency, and as far as I am aware the only established county supply pools in the North East are Northumberland LEA and Durham LEA. Durham may be a bit too far South for you? However, having said that, Northumberland LEA supply pool, and the work they recieve does have a good reputation.
    I would echo that there has been a drop in certain areas for supply. Having said that things are definately picking up - whilst budgets in schools are not by any means healthy, they are not as catastrophic, especially in the NE, as some were predicting.
    I hope you are able to find some relevent work. Here is the link for the contact details of Northumberland LEA. http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/Default.aspx?page=3467
    Best wishes.

5. Thanks. Went to get registered so just waiting for clearance. Glad to hear they have a good rep. They suggest I contact schools myself when cleared to promote myself.