1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Le Touquet Daytrips - anyone got a quiz?

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by hibbitson, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Hi
    I'm taking a group of Year 7 students to Le Touquet in a few weeks and would like to give them some things to look out for / questions to answer whilst we're there. We've been there breifly before but I don't know Le Touquet town well. I'm thinking I'll give them free time for half an hour on a shopping street, with tasks to do there and other tasks at the beach and at the snail farm. Does anyone have any resources they've used in Le Touquet or generic ones that can be adapted? Also, anyone know the safest place to let students have free time?

Thanks!!

2. Hi
    I'm taking a group of Year 7 students to Le Touquet in a few weeks and would like to give them some things to look out for / questions to answer whilst we're there. We've been there breifly before but I don't know Le Touquet town well. I'm thinking I'll give them free time for half an hour on a shopping street, with tasks to do there and other tasks at the beach and at the snail farm. Does anyone have any resources they've used in Le Touquet or generic ones that can be adapted? Also, anyone know the safest place to let students have free time?

Thanks!!

3. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

Haven't got a town trail, sorry, but we stopped at Le Touquet beach on the way back last year and got the frisbees out for a couple of hours. Students really enjoyed it (Y8) though I only let them paddle, obviously!

4. Geekie

Geekie Occasional commenter

If you do a forum search you'll find that there have been quite a few requests for the same thing in the past, but nobody has ever come up with one [​IMG]

5. As part of our risk assessment we aren't allowed to take kids onto the beach on trips. A number of years ago a UK child drowned on Le Touquet beach while on a school trip and the teacher was prosecuted under French law. There are very strong currents so be very careful about not going anywhere near the water. Maybe you could draw a line in the sand half way up the beach?

6. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

Hmm, glad nothing happened when I was there! There was a line of sand (bit like a second beach) between the nearest bit of water to us and the actual sea, so that's why I said they could paddle.

7. Listo83

Listo83 New commenter

I think I've got one. Inbox me your e-mail address and I'll send it on.