1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

'Launching' a new behaviour /leearning envronment

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by upsidedownjen, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Hi there

I have been working in a year 4 class - the most 'difficult' class in the school, with about 5 of 'those boys' who disrupt, the class as a whole struggle to manage their emotions and get involved frequently with what others have done /are doing rather than focussing on their work.. a lot of them are quite bright and they CAN do great work/learning but often get distracted instead.

I have had some lessons modelled and been observed and had targets set to try and get this all sorted (better pace; more fun lessons; consistency with rules; not getting visibly agitatated by them) and have been told I need to some how 'launch this brave new world' in a really positive way (e.g. saying we're half way through the year, we're achieved this but need to work on this so we can do even better learning blabla)

I am just looking for ideas on how to run this /what to do to make it positive and fun but get the message across??