1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Latest Union Advice on the Virus

Discussion in 'Education news' started by shevington, Mar 22, 2020.

1. shevington

shevington Occasional commenter

NASUWT has put out new advice on working while the Virus lasts.

You can check their web site.

I assume NEU will have brought out new advice following recent events at the end of last week.

I recommend people with questions should e-mail their Union rather than trying to phone in.

2. HelenREMfan

HelenREMfan Star commenter

3. moscowbore

moscowbore Lead commenter

The NASUWT expects that all teaching, lecturing or instructing, including peripatetic tuition, must be discontinued at this time.
    Online learning
    The NASUWT supports the use by schools of online/digital learning platforms to provide access to teaching and learning resources for children who are attending school and for those children who are staying at home. The NASUWT expects that all the necessary security and safeguarding arrangements are put in place by the school to ensure the safety of pupils and staff.

Is providing access to teaching resources different from teaching? Seems contradictory to me.

4. Corvuscorax

Corvuscorax Star commenter

Maybe they mean not to go into school?

5. moscowbore

moscowbore Lead commenter

Then they should say so, clearly.