1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Latest time OFSTED might come in the summer term?

Discussion in 'Ofsted inspections' started by ruthiejay, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Our head is convinced OFSTED is imminent - so much so he's making us pretty paranoid.
    What's the latest time you've experienced/heard of a school being inspected in the summer term (secondary) - in other words, with 4 weeks to go, when do you think we can 'breathe easy' ??

2. Our head is convinced OFSTED is imminent - so much so he's making us pretty paranoid.
    What's the latest time you've experienced/heard of a school being inspected in the summer term (secondary) - in other words, with 4 weeks to go, when do you think we can 'breathe easy' ??

3. A school in Derbyshire were Ofsteded the week before they broke up for summer hols last year!!!!

4. There is no first or last date for inspections...

5. I know of schools with a 4 day inspection in the last week of term - Wales !

6. We've just been told OFSTED are coming next week, while we're sorting out the school production.

I've never been through an OFTED inspection does anyone have any tips or info?

Anything at this point would be great!

7. Marshall

Marshall Occasional commenter

I knew of a school that an OFSTED the week before they finished. OFSTED knew that and took it all into account.

8. They may like to see what you are doing. It is part of school life and school organisation. Remember, normally it is difficult to keep the kids calm during productions. Go for it and invite them to a preview.

9. We found out yesterday that we are being ofsteded wed and thurs (4th and 5th July) AHHHHHHHHHH

10. Frankly I hope the DO come in before the end of term. Then I can relax. I don't want them in in September when my whole way of working is different and we have lots of new children.

11. We have ofsted on Tuesday for 1 day - penultimate week of term! School has gone into meltdown - Ha Ha!

12. We have Ofsted in today and tomorrow. Yeah!

13. Do I get the prize?

14. We are getting them in end of the week.

15. Tuesday 10 and Wednesday 11th! Help! Lessons planned - marking up to date and I'm shattered. Also doing GCSE marking so rang AQA for an extension - they were very understanding thank goodness!

16. Nice, we should form a little club.

17. They have come and gone, we are officially good.

18. So does anyone know when is the last day that they can phone?

19. No. My inspector was very good, thorough and fair. It was a positive experience. Better to have them in before the summer.

20. I got the call today for an inspection next week Tuesday /wed- two days before the end of term.
    Luckily because we have major building works and the children will finish on Tuesday for removers to be in the eventually agreed a deferment but it took a lot of convincing the regi. They can inspect up to the final day he said.
    Well, since they have usually made up their mind before they arrive I offerd and inspection when the children were not there- eventually he agreed that they would need to see some learning. Oh really?
    Call me cynical but I think this was a deliberate choice as we are in challenging circumstances.
    Oops sorry about that , stress...